After successful installation of exchange 2007 following message, appears on the test mail. Technical details of permanent failure "PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 12): 530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated"Basic Exchange 101, fire up command line and use telnet command on port 25 to the mail server within the network to see what is going on .
Telnet 10.10.10.7 25
- 220 exc07.smtp25.org Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Tue, 25 Dec 2007 18:5
- 1:08 -0500
- 250 exc07.smtp25.org Hello [10.10.10.7]
- mail from:email@example.com
- 530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated
We are getting "530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated"
The anonymous users do not have permission on the "Default receive connector."
- Click on Server configuration
- Click on Hub Transport, select default receive connector and go to properties
- Click on Permission group
- Tick the check box where is says "Anonymous users"
Now try the telnet on port 25 to your mail server, everything should work.
Now we will achieve the same results from exchange management shell. First mission is to figured out the name of the connector so, after opening management shell
Here is the output
Now I know the name of the receive connectors. (EXC07 is the name of my Exchange server)
I will use following command to achieve the same results from management shell.
[PS] C:\>Set-ReceiveConnector "default exc07" -PermissionGroups:c
The options are
Whichever you like, both will work.